
Note to self, if I ever have another daughter, pierce her ears at 4-6 months. I pierced Hal's ears today and it was a horrible experience for all involved. It consisted of about 45 minutes of screaming so hard that she couldn't catch her breath, and that was just to mark the dots with a pen. I took my mom and Brianna and both are traumatized. My mom cried quite possibly harder than Hallie and was walking around the store with her hands over her ears singing very loudly. Meanwhile I had my poor child on my lap in a headlock (no
exaggeration)

. It was a very good mothering experience. The best part of the whole ordeal is when a cute little foreign lady approached me with broken
English saying, "Ma'am, that child is much too young for that, is she even yours?" Since I was holding my own kid in a headlock I wish my answer could have been, "No, I just thought this random kid would look good in earrings." So anyways it is all over now and she looks so stinking cute, and has long forgotten the horrible things that occurred just 2 hours ago, so all is well. My goal with doing this is that if I take her out and forget a bow, people will now have no question that she is a girl, even though the pink clothes and bracelet never seems to tip them off.
She looks adorable! I love the earrings and I can't believe that lady said that to you! That is a great ear piercing story.
ReplyDelete