Now for the not so fun stuff. The day before we were supposed to leave the cabin Hallie got sick and I mean really sick. She threw up about 8-10 times that night, and of course we panicked thinking how are we going to get this kid on a plane like this. So we prayed hard, and made it all the way to Louisville the next day with no issues. As we were taxiing down the runway in Louisville, Brandon and I gave a slightly premature fist pump that we made it right about the time for her to explode on Dad's lap. The next morning she is still sick and within an hour I am heaving to. Thank goodness for the best mother in the whole world who left immediately to come take care of us and of course the best husband in the world who cancelled work to do the same. This turned out to be wise for him because 12 hours later it was his turn. I won't give you the details for what this virus does to a person but believe me when I say that it is the nastiest one I have had since early childhood. So this morning, Hallie threw up again and that got my adrenaline up enough to say that's enough we are going to the hospital. So the last 12 hours were spent with all four of us in the hospital, Brandon and I beside her crib in a bed, but thankfully we are on the mend. Hallie was dehydrated but should have lots of fluids in her now to help turn the corner. By the way, I discovered that my mom is the type of person who would take a hotel robe and towels if you know what I mean. I say this because when I just emptied out my diaper bag I found diapers, 2 unopened diaper rash creams, baby lotion & soap, an emesis bowl, a box of tissues, a teddy bear that we didn't come with, and bottles of pedialyte. I love it!
Oh yeah, I wanted to leave you with my favorite quote of the trip which came from my 10 year old Brianna. "Wow, can you believe we are in the same airport as Elder Uchtdorf? The only person that would be cooler to see would be Hannah Montana." Does this kid belong in Utah or what?

so fun to see all of you! Poor little Hallie, glad she is starting to do better!
ReplyDelete