Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cabin Fever/Where's my Penny

So this should technically be two blogs, but I'm always afraid that when I do two at the same time only the top one gets read.
I hate winter!! We have been cooped up in the house for so long that we are finally braving the cold to venture out and have a little fun. Brandon is the awesome kind of dad who wants to make sure he has experiences with his kids that they can remember fondly later in life, so he suggested that we get a hotel room so they can swim and have a slumber party (except Harper and I would come home to sleep). I had my doubts about this because Hallie does not sleep well away from home, but the hotel was about a mile away from our house so I wasn't worried.Swimming went good, and even better when she discovered the hot tub, then it was time to say good night.I called to check on them at about 9:00 (2 hrs past bedtime), Brandon said she was doing great and having so much fun, and I could hear her laugh in the background. 10:00 comes and I get a call from Brandon saying, "I think I made a mistake giving her an oreo a while ago because she keeps running back and forth in the room saying 'Oh my gosh.'" I've never heard her say that before so it must be something she picked up at the hotel, boo.At 10:30, I get another call saying that the front desk just called saying that the people below complained that there was constant jumping coming from the room above. I told Brandon to tell everyone to get to bed and he replied that everyone had been in bed for an hour, but Hallie won't quit running back and forth. 11:15 rolls around and Brandon called to say he was bringing her home. Hallie and I rocked like normal for a few minutes and she told me everything that was in her head in a string of words like this, "water, wet, Brianna, Koko, Kayla, baby, Harper, frog, ribbit, ribbit, rock, sing, bed." At this point I laid her in her crib, and instant silence. I am pretty sure she was asleep before I could close the door. All this tells me is that she hates the cold too, and needs to get out more.

Part Two: Where's my penny?
It's no fun to swim if you can't go diving for small things using goggles, atleast when you are ten. So Brianna was diving for a penny at the moment when Dad asked her to get out and get him a towel. She was doing so when she heard "plink". Everyone went on a mad search for that stinking penny under the water and above for atleast 15 minutes, until Brandon looked up and started laughing hard at Brianna. He found her penny all right.Look in her right goggle lens

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Such a good idea to get a hotel! You guys need to make a trip out here, it was a gorgeous 70 degrees yesterday and we had a wonderful picnic on Sat...jealous? Come visit.

    ReplyDelete