Tuesday, February 16, 2010

ER

Yesterday was one of those rough days that we all have. Hallie was enjoying Nana's company as she always does on a snow day, when she jumped off the bed and landed on her head. I heard a scream and some crying as my mom brought her to me downstairs where I was nursing Harper. I expected to hear alot of crying and pleading for suckers, but instead she seemed eerily calm. I held her in my arms to check for a bump on her head and then she went limp and I watched her eyes roll back in her head. I knew she had a concussion and I knew that she need to get to the ER, but my brain would not help me figure out how to do that. There has to be a better word than craziness for what happened next. I was trying to pretend to be calm because my mother was panicking, but with my lifeless child on my shoulder my mind went blank. I couldn't find my keys, shoes, coat, anything. I asked mom to get my shoes and she brought me my boots, and literally forgot how to put my feet in them. Poor Harper only got half a feeding, but was probably just lucky that we even remembered to bring her with us to the hospital. Once we made it to the ER, everything felt a lot calmer. Hallie worried me because she let the nurses take her vitals without moving which has never happened in her life, but about half an hour later she had perked up and threw a tantrum when the doctor tried to look in her ears. That's when we knew she would be fine. Bad things seem to happen in pairs because I called Brandon at work so he could come be with us, and as he is trying to leave he realizes his battery is dead. In the end everything turned out fine, we just had to wake her a few times in the night. She seems herself today. I'm just disappointed because I always thought having girls would mean less injuries. So much for that theory.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenna! I'm so happy I found your blog! Your girls are dolls... I cannot get over the red hair!

    ReplyDelete