
So, I wish I could say that I got bored with a pen in my hand, but I can't. All of the blue marks on Hallie's back represents a prick she received for allergy testing this morning. I was hoping she would make it through without crying like she did her shots, but it was nap time and let us know. The nurse told me not to touch her back for 15 min and left me alone with this itchy little girl. The poor thing couldn't figure out how to scratch her own back, so instead she kept scratching her tummy and flapping her arms like wings. In the meantime her back was bright red with large raised dots so I could guess what was coming. So the good news is she is not allergic to EVERYTHING, but the bad news is she allergic to milk, eggs, fish, and berries. That stinks for her because what quality of life would it be without chocolate and icecream. It also stinks for me because he said as long as I am nursing I need to follow this same diet, and sadly I eat mostly processed foods which almost all contain milk and eggs. So for the next two months, I am going to have to suffer through. I just hope she grows out of these allergies as kids often do because it will be sad for her birthdays to come when she is the only one who can't eat cake. The nurse today suggested birthday jello, boooo.
Oh, this is SO sad and painful looking! Poor, poor thing. You will have to talk to Hiroe about Brenner's birthday cake...I think his was the same type of situation. Sad!
ReplyDelete